Sunday, April 4, 2010

Making Progress

Well, I'm done hovering right at or a little above 60 pounds - finally started on the losing track again. I weighed 235.0 this morning which takes me down to 62.2. Once I decided to do my "own" thing again and be true to what I set out to do, the eating was SO much easier this week. I really, really, REALLY, liked the Kristi cheesy tacos - and I also loved the kashi and yogurt. Overall it was a great week foodwise, exercising and getting in a ton of water. I was sick for a couple of days, but am feeling better now.

The hub's family came into town Wednesday night (that is my excuse for not blogging until today) and we tried to cram a weeks worth of fun into 3 days - I'm not gonna lie - having a serious fever Thursday and Friday really helped me keep my eating under control=). My fever broke late Friday night and I was feeling a ton better on Saturday - and I still didn't overeat or stuff myself like I've done in previous family situations - I actually took the minute it takes to ask if I really wanted to eat this or that and it really helped.

My baby (is she still considered a baby at 22 months?) was playing with my ipod shuffle dock last week and stepped on it and bent the thing in half - augghhhhh! I went to go and buy a new usb cable for the thing and the nice gentleman in the electronics department at Walmart (who had no idea what he was talking about) sold me the cord for the newest model - so I was a little sick to my stomach when I got home, plugged the thing in and the new cable wasn't working with my shuffle - come to find out I can only use a dock for my model - whew! So I'm heading back to Walmart tomorrow to get the right usb/dock. I know that might seem a little lame that I'm posting about this, but music is SO important to me for my workouts.

I'm looking forward to another good week - a week of eating well, exercising, drinking tons of water and doing what all us mommies do at home(everything!)- a week of balance.

this is me now.

3 comments:

  1. Had to do some catching up there! Good job on the 2+ more lbs you've dropped! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up Em! I hear ya about the music! I have no idea where my Ipod is and now I'm freaking out cuz I have a gym membership again. I am so proud of you! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally impressed with your strength and honesty. I am trying to lose weight right now too...well I should say alway instead of right now:) What a struggle. I look forward to finding strength through you. Thanks for being inspirational!
    Julie Edmunds

    ReplyDelete