Friday, April 16, 2010

Feelin' It

I finally feel like I am starting to hit my stride again focus wise. I'm enjoying my workouts - trying to find ways to increase my strength, etc., I am staying quite close to my planned meals each day and it is easier for me to remember why I'm doing what I do. I was reading back over some earlier posts and it was fun to remember how excited I was when hitting certain milestones - how happy I was being me and enjoying the choices I was making in my life. I've gotta be honest, the last few months have NOT felt that way - it has felt like a chore almost every single day and I just wasn't feeling "it"......now here's the great part....but I knew if I kept trudging along, doing what I knew how to do and gave it my best effort every day (even if my best effort included Taco Bell and some froyo for dessert), that eventually I would feel "it" again - and it's happening.
Here are some things I am enjoying now at 235 pounds (PMS raging, no weight loss this week) that I certainly wasn't at 297:

-I fit comfortably into chairs with sides on them (like the one's at the doctor's office). There is no spillage of belly and hips out of the slots.

-I also sit on any dang chair I want, I no longer fear chairs collapsing under my weight

-My feet don't hurt anymore. They used to hurt ALL the time, especially after a shift at work or a long day of shopping

-My feet are no longer swollen - they actually look like feet, and for that matter, my ankles look like ankles - no more cankles for this girl

-I sleep on my stomach sometimes - haven't done that since I had the twins

-I went into Lane Bryant to buy some shorts and I didn't buy a pair just because they fit, I bought a pair that LOOKS good (in a size 18)

-I get to wear actual swim shorts (size 18)over my swimming suit this year - not a pair of men's gym shorts from walmart in 3X.
 
Posted by Picasa


-I dream about my high school basketball days - I don't know why, but for the past 9 or 10 years I had zero dreams about playing basketball in high school. I dream a lot and can remember many of my dreams, and for some "reason" in the past 6 months I have started having dreams that include my high school basketball team and coach. side note: I played high school basketball (obviously) on a VERY good team. We won state my junior and senior years and we were ranked nationally my senior year. Some of the greatest things I've learned in my life started on that court with my coach Rand and girls that I will consider close friends for the rest of my life.
 
Posted by Picasa



-I can't WAIT to go to Disneyland with our family in May. I know that I will have the energy to keep up with the kids and a smaller butt to fit on all the rides.

-I am finding it easier to see almost ALL things in my life for what they truly are and could become because I'm able to see myself that way also.

this is me now.

4 comments:

  1. Those are all awesome things to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the great work! I still have dreams from high school playing basketball too! It's crazy how long ago it was! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! I love the way you are able to explain how you're feelin and you look fabulous in a swim suit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures Emily. You are looking fabulous!

    ReplyDelete