Monday, April 12, 2010

New Goals......

When you set goals a lot of times people will tell you to create a motivation/dream board - something that will help you focus on what you want to achieve. I have NEVER done that - however, I have been "considering" it for quite some time. I already know which pictures I will cut out, which words really motivate me, etc. But is it enough to know that I want my abs to look like this and my arms to look like that? One image I will be adding to my dream board is a picture of a healthy pregnant woman. We would like to add to our family - the hubs has been wanting another baby for about 6 months (apparently I'm not getting any younger) - and I have been quite resistent to it for several reasons: A) Olivia, who is now 22 months, is a full-time job. We are talking be on red alert because this girl will get into anything and everything B) Financially, I thought it would be best to have Livy paid off before we accumulate another one =) and C) I really didn't want to be a fat pregnant woman again. And I really felt/feel selfish for the last one. Is it okay to put off having another baby so I can lose weight?

So, I've been doing some serious thinking and decided that we will start "trying" for another baby when I've lost another 30 pounds or turn 33 (which is September 12th) - whichever comes first. If I got prego right away that means I would be at 205 - I haven't weighed that since 2001. I will be working on my dream board this week and hopefully have pictures posted of it towards the weekend.

this is me now.

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck on your dream board! I had a friend who just did one with her finace - very cool!! Looking forward to seeing yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not selfish to want to be in better shape before you get pregnant again. Just think of how much easier it will be on your body and on the babies body and the recovery after if you're on the right track to begin with!

    ReplyDelete