Sunday, October 25, 2009

Passed It!

I weighed 255.4 Saturday morning - close enough to 42 pounds lost. If I lose 2 pounds this coming week that will make a total of 8 pounds for the month and I'll have hit my goal.

I was able to wear a dress to church today that I haven't worn in over 3 years - it is so nice to have a closet full of clothes that I can actually wear again. I worked hard again this past week in the weight room and cardio wise - on Friday I did a combo of the treadmill for 20 minutes (running/walking), the elliptical for 25 minutes (manual at level 9 and 10) and the bike for 15 minutes. I think I will start doing this every Friday - it shakes things up a bit and it's a fun challenge. Food wise I have just been making good choices - I really don't eat very different from the rest of the family - dinner is the same for all of us each night, I will usually just measure out what I need to like if it's hamburger helper or spaghetti, etc. so I'm not overdoing it - breakfast is coaches oatmeal with peanut butter and milk 90% of the time, and lunch is a variety of things. Lunch is honestly the hardest meal for me - I would say that I eat at Costco and/or Subway at least once a week for lunch, I usually will get the caesar salad from costco and just do 1/2 the dressing and croutons and I'll take out about 1/4 of the lettuce so there is enough dressing. I get all of my calorie counts either from The Biggest Loser calorie counter book or the livestrong.com website - I LOVE this site. This is what I use to determine my calorie intake, etc. It is so helpful and free which is the best part.

I've changed my life - my relationship with food and love of myself are so different than they were 5 months ago. It's been a gradual change and I'm so thankful for where I'm at now. I've finally realized that at the end of the day I am really the only one who cares if I'm fat or not. It's my choice. And I believe that now. I honestly take my life one choice at a time. I think before I almost wasn't thinking about what I was doing or eating - I just did it and then would wonder at the end of the day how I got to where I was.....my life is no longer like that - I'm holding myself accountable.

Here are some pictures I took last week - I feel comfortable in my skin and I am so thankful for what I'm learning each day.




this is me now.

3 comments:

  1. Emmy-you look AMAZING! Good for you. So proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy CRAP!! You look SO good! That is really great that you are documenting your weightloss, I really need to motivation. I have 30lbs to lose, and it seems a little out of reach, but seeing these pictures gives me the motivation I need. You look so awesome I can't even believe it! You are so pretty! Good luck, I'll definately be watching for your upcoming posts!

    ReplyDelete