Saturday, October 31, 2009

Hey! I know you!

I was doing the weight portion of my workout on Thursday and almost fell over - I was watching myself in the mirror and looked up so I was looking right into my eyes (does this sound weird yet??) and I could NOT believe it! I recognized myself - I haven't seen me in years! It was such a coincidence - being in the gym at the same time and all.

Have any of you felt that way?? For such a long time I would sit and stare at myself in the mirror and pray that I would recognize the person looking back at me - and I just didn't....I think I mentioned this in my last post - I was just letting life happen to me - not taking the responsibility to really make choices. I love looking at myself now - sounds stupid, probably a little vain, but if you know me or my siblings you know that we all love to look in the mirror a bit too much. It's not that I think I look overly fabulous, it's almost like I can't get over the fact that it's really me again - it just bowls me over some days that I made the decision to change and I'm following through with it. I kind of think my mom feels the same way because whenever I call and give her my weightloss updates she just laughs - not like she's being rude or utterly stunned that I'm still doing this - but I think she's a bit delighted that her daughter is back.

Will be posting my goals for the month of November tomorrow - I'm ready to crank out some serious pounds this month!

This is me now.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! It is awesome feeling like 'you' are back, huh? I'm so glad you're feeling so good, love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt really likes to look at himself in the mirror. It's pretty cute, even when he walks past a building that is reflective he checks himself out, but I don't think it's a vain thing at all. It's just Matt, something he does.

    ReplyDelete