Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Favorite Smoothie So Far.......

So, I loooove the Green Monster.  It is amazing.  It is great.  However, I think I mighta found something I love a little more.  My girls wanted a smoothie for breakfast last Thursday - but one of my twins hates bananas and they were going to share - so I grabbed my ginormous bag of strawberries from the freezer - popped 6 frozen strawberries, one container of raspberry carbmaster yogurt & one cup of almond milk in the blender.  They loved it and it got me thinking about my love of the GM and wondering how it might taste with the strawberries instead of the banana. And then I continued thinking about how nice it might be to add the container of carb-smart yogurt to the mix.  And THEN I started thinking about how it might taste totally awesome with a little bit of coconut extract to it and guess what?  SO freakin' good.  Seriously.  Here's the breakdown:

2 T. Ground Flax
2 C. Fresh Spinach
1 Container Kroger CarbMaster Raspberry yogurt
1 C. Almond Milk
6 Frozen Strawberries
1/3 Capful of Coconut Extract (totally optional)

This is 290 Calories.  It contains 19g of protein and 14g of fiber.  If you wanted to, you could always do 1T. of flax and that would bring your calories down to 255 - but it is seriously so full of good stuff that I think the extra 35 calories are worth it.  And protein is SO, SO, SO important when you working hard and weight training.  Anyway, I'm just loving this right now - and it's still a very cheap meal and you're getting 19g of protein (12 of it is from the yogurt) without having to buy protein powder - and 14g of fiber, holla!

Moving on.  I last weighed in on Friday and my weight was 238.4.  I am very pleased with that number.  I am hoping I'm down to 237 by Friday or Saturday of this week - I'm making the choices that should put me there.

this is me now.

2 comments:

  1. That shake does sound yummy! Matt and I will have to try it, I bet Matt will really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe all that protein and fiber! Way to go Em!!!

    ReplyDelete