Saturday, July 10, 2010

Week In Review

So, this week I finally tried something I've heard about for the last 6 or 7 months it's called The Green Monster and I looooooove it.  I've tried the "original" monster and the Blueberry-Banana and I have to say that I'm a big fan of the original.  I have had it twice first thing in the morning and once mid-afternoon and it really does give you ENERGY.  It definitely helped with my mid-afternoon slump.   I bought a HUGE bag of ground flax from Costco for around $8 and I freeze my bananas - I also used regular 1% milk, but I'm going to get some almond milk this week and try it.  Give one a try and let me know what you think - you will NOT be able to taste the spinach - maybe in the first sip - but after that it tastes like a yummy banana smoothie.

I weighed 240.1 yesterday morning.  The reason I am using my weigh-in from yesterday is because PMS has reared its ugly head and I am now a puffy marshmallow - puffiness will ensue for the next 2 or 3 days.

So, I changed my weight routine this week, and of course I used two of the workouts from this months issue of Oxygen .  My body has responded in the best way it knows how - being absolutely sore.  I am still taking BodyCombat twice a week - I really love it.  Heavens knows I will never be a boxer (much, much too slow), but I enjoy how strong I feel.  I have also been running twice a week - my goal it to build up to 5 miles per run.  I am currently at 3 1/2 miles.  I also do some sort of cardio on Mondays - usually the stepmill.  Working out has not been something I've struggled with this past 14 months.  It's the darned nutrition.  I read this week in Corrine's post over at Phit-N-Phat that most "experts" will tell you that losing weight and living a healthy lifestyle is 80% nutrition and 20% exercise.  She took it a step further and said that it is 60% MENTAL 35% nutrition and 5% exercise (she actually put 25% nutrition but those numbers add up to 90 and I'm pretty sure she was shooting for 100%).  Her advice is to GET THE HECK OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY.  I believe it because I've lived it.  The months when I've lived with my "healthy" mindset have been the most rewarding and easiest of my journey.  I'm getting back to that.  Until next time.

this is me now

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this drink!!! I made it for Jeff this morning and he loved it too, and like I said, my 7-year-old said he couldn't taste the spinach and loved it! I feel so incredible after. I use almond milk but might also try Soy milk too. This drink is a keeper and all the ingredients are super cheap and natural! I LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww. stupid mental. Why can't it be 80 percent exercise? Cuz I can do that.

    ReplyDelete