Sunday, July 4, 2010

Don't Worry.....

I am one to automatically think the worst has happened - for instance, my sister called me at 7 a.m. about 6 weeks ago and my first thought is, crap! something is wrong with the baby (she's pregnant).  Turns out that the reason she called is she thought it was 8 a.m. here - crazy girl! And just wanted to chat. 

The reason I'm stating this is because I didn't want anyone thinking the "worst" has happened to poor Emily and she has given up on herself.   Truthfully, I have been having a VERY difficult time keeping my momentum going - it seems like one thing after another has happened (i.e. washer & dryer died, vacuum died, needed new tires on the Expedition, had to get a root canal) and I have dealt with them in the way I have done the past 12 years of my life - with a lot of food and I am slowly dealing with that.  This morning I weighed 242.4 - after reading my posts of the last few months I realize that I am pretty much at a standstill - it feels like it is taking all of my effort just to stay within a reasonable weight fluctuation - and it is through no one's fault but my own - I haven't been eating well and have really been feeling down in the dumps.  Poor combination.  However, that doesn't mean I'm giving up and feel "destined" to be where I'm at.  I'm putting my weight out there. AGAIN.  I'm posting my truth. AGAIN. and I am going to keep living my life each day with the intention of living it on purpose.  I am aiming to MAKE choices each day that will bring me closer to living the life that's important to me - as a healthy wife, mother, daughter and friend. 

I'm also contemplating combining this blog with my Emily's Big News blog - because my life ain't all about trying to lose weight and I've thought it might be best to combine the two because a) I've been horrible about blogging on either one of them and think it might be less "overwhelming" b) I'm not self-conscious anymore about my friends and family that only visit EBN finding out that I used to weigh 297.2 and c) I can do what I want because these are my blogs =).  Let me know what you think - okay, let me rephrase - if 2 or 3 of you would be willing to leave a comment on this I would really appreciate it!!!

this is me now.

4 comments:

  1. I read both your blogs and enjoy them both. I have found your weight loss very inspiring - because you are human and experience the same things we all are experiencing. Do what is best for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm one of your biggest fans, so I'll follow wherever you go. So combining your blogs would be fine. Besides that, it's so easy just to get crazy-focused on losing weight, that when real life is in my face and I slip a little, I give up. You have come such a long way and even tho you are struggling now, you know it's not over. You are going to make it. You've really figured this weight thing out. I think it will be great to see how you're integrating your weight loss into every day life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt and I both do the same thing... Eat perfectly for a week, then eat like total crap! Back and forth! It's so tough! I really like reading your blog because you are honest! :) And, I think it's a good idea to combine your blogs just less work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emily! I like your blog and I can totally relate to the struggle to lose weight. I reached my peak weight about 4 years ago and just couldn't take it anymore. It was killing my self esteem and I was isolating myself socially. I took somewhat drastic measures and gave up sugar. It sucked for several weeks, but eventually I adjusted and then just stopped craving food. I did this for a year and a half. I would allow myself a treat for a special occasion, but sweets really didn't taste good after a while. My body adjusted and I just didn't even LIKE the taste anymore. Anyway, I lost 30 pounds over 9 months or so and felt good. I kept it off for two or three years and then started eating sugar again. Now, I'm back to the dreaded maximum and having to start all over. It's blooming hard!

    I think your blog is great and I appreciate hearing someone else talk about it. I am doing what I did last time, because for me it has been the most effective, but I think this time I'm going to give up sugar for good. I ADORE sugar and it can make me so very happy, but not as happy as feeling good and healthy does. It has a negative effect on my ability go gauge how many calories my body really needs.

    I am totally impressed by the way you work out. That would take me years to work up to, because my body just does not have that kind of endurance. I LOVE to move and work my body, but I tend to pay for it heavily afterwards. I'm jealous! You are amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete