Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Feeling Better

Apparently all I needed was  great Memorial Day weekend to get things in perspective.  I was VERY excited to get to the gym today.  I am doing a new weight circuit from this months issue of Oxygen Magazine and it felt great!  I realized this morning that I haven't lifted weights for 3 WEEKS!!!!! So crazy! I know for me personally, lifting weights makes me happy - gives me those great endorphins that I really need to stay motivated.  I also started drinking (as of yesterday) a gallon of water - I'm planning on doing this for the next several weeks to see if it makes a difference in my hunger, etc.  It also doesn't hurt with the lovely summer heat of Vegas to stay really hydrated - it was 95 yesterday and is currently 92 right now.  We are supposed to have our first 100+ day of the year by the end of this week.  The heat of summer ratches up my ice cream cravings and today I had something that was SO SO good.  I have a bunch of frozen bananas in my freezer (the best place to keep frozen bananas. ha!ha!) and I took one out today, sliced it up (note to self: next time slice bananas before freezing), put it in a bowl and drizzled a tablespoon of chocolate magic shell and a small bit of whipped cream on top.  It was delicious and totally felt like a treat - which is pretty much was with the chocolate. 

I am looking forward to the rest of the week.  The twins will have their first official summer break as of tomorrow at 9:55 and I am pretty excited to have them at home for the next 3 months.  My little Livy bug will be turning 2 tomorrow - I can't believe how fast time goes and how much she has changed this past year.  Have a great rest of the day!

this is me now.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I need to start drinking that much water each day! So glad you found your motivation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you're back :)and I'm glad you're lifting weights again. I always remind myself that you are still burning calories up to 48 hours after you lift weights! Great motivator for me :)

    ReplyDelete