Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Be Brave - I Dare You!

So. I am feeling MUCH better about things - I went a little crazy there in my last post.  That happens sometimes.I can't remember if I mentioned this in my last post, but I've started running again - running is code for jogging. I probably keep about a 10 minute/mile/pace. I ran two miles on Monday and felt amazing - during the run I probably sounded like I was ready to hack up a lung, but that runner's high is a bit addictive.

I also decided to be BRAVE today and try something new - I took a class at the gym called BodyCombat. It was so much fun. By fun I mean we were punching and kicking and yelling and I was sweating like crazy. It was totally awesome. But it took me a week to work up the courage to go into the class. I was nervous that I would look stupid, that people would stare, blah, blah, blah. Maybe I looked stupid, maybe people did stare, but I forgot all about it when the class started.

I'm daring anyone who reads my blog (apparently 15 of you are crazy great enough to follow me) to do something BRAVE and let me know what it was - whether it's trying a new class, heading outside for a walk, drinking water instead of the soda you usually have with your dinner - the only one stopping you is YOU!!!!
this is me now.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously-good for you! Now THAT I would never do. Brave, huh...well, going back to spin today is brave for me, especially knowing how much it hurts my lady parts and how much I sweat. I think trying new things in yoga knowing that I could at any moment fall on my face is pretty brave. But when I do something I didn't know I could, it feels awesome. And when I fall on my face its kind of funny :)

    PS-Glad to know you and Ashley are BEST FRIENDS....*sigh* why couldn't Matt have been a girl? Three girls is hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did something brave tonight-Instead of sitting around being generally pissed off and eating all night, I used that rage and I got on the treadmill for the first time since the accident! Felt good! Let's up it doesn't come back to bite my butt at 2AM! ;)

    ReplyDelete