Thursday, March 25, 2010

Now I Get It.....

Have you ever read any of the success stories in Shape magazine? Have you noticed that some of the ladies that lost a lot of weight (100 pounds or more) lost it in like 12 months and other ladies it took like 2+ years? I never understood how it could take someone 2 or 3 years to get to their goal weight - especially at the beginning of my journey when I was super focused and dropping my pounds each week. I honestly figured I would be at my goal weight by June of this year.

Now I understand what took some of those girls so long - because a lot of us (okay, me) struggle. Life is definitely a journey - and so is losing weight. This commitment I've made to being and doing better isn't a race - there WAS a starting line, but there certainly ISN'T a finish line. I need to remind myself of this - keep pushing along and trying my best because eventually it will all click again. There just isn't a lot of clicking right now. And that's okay - for now. Because every struggle I've been through has made me stronger (and eventually smarter).

this is me now.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's funny how I can be so focused for weeks and weeks, and then one day... I realize that I'm losing steam. Losing my intensity and interest. I look around and wonder why I just seem to feel it impossible to keep going on that way. Thats my pattern. It's frustrating. I've analyzed it, pondered it, pounded it into the ground.

    At least I keep trying. I just need to be more consistent.

    You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete