Friday, January 1, 2010

This Past Year......

has been completely amazing and very unexpected. I started out looking like this:


And currently look like this:


Have you ever noticed that the heavier you are the shorter your arms look in pictures? Mine couldn't rest comfortably at my sides when this picture was taken in April - and I can't believe how big my waist was. I'm wearing my "at home" outfit - my brown/brown shirt and the infamous purple pants that I cut into shorts (much more slimming that way ...) I have currently lost 11 inches around my waist, 6-7 inches from my hips, 3.5 inches from my rib cage right below my chest and at least 2 inches from my arms. My lovely thighs are about 2 inches smaller - maybe more, I didn't start taking measurements until the middle of September and I know that my thighs will be the last things to let that fat go. I'm really wishing I would have taken measurements of my "cankles" because they look so normal now and I can't believe what I was retaining in my feet - they were a bit bloated.

Sometimes I just don't see much of a difference in the mirror, but when I look back at the few pictures I've had taken over the past 6 or 7 years I realize what a difference I have made in my life and that is so motivating for me.

An interesting thing has happened at the gym the past couple of weeks. A few people that I used to see working out regularly during the summer and even into September and October, but haven't been in quite a while are back - and have gained back the weight I'm sure they worked very hard to lose. It has been a real eye opener for me - I used to think, oh, I'll just take "the rest of the week" off from the habits I had been working hard to implement and that week would turn into a month, and then I would be starting all over again. To see that happen in other people has been a great "a ha!" for me - to just keep going. I have really struggled this past month - I didn't realize how hard this month would be food wise. I wasn't prepared for the onslaught of goodies that seem to be appropriate for practically every day from Thanksgiving through New Years. I know I was bragging about losing 2 pounds in my previous post, but I ended up gaining that weight back this past month and as of yesterday morning weight 247.6 - and I'm totally okay with that. I'm certainly not perfect and never will be - and I've come to accept that and work with it. My eating has been pretty much crap for at least 1 1/2 weeks, but I know that will be ending tomorrow with the twins birthday. The lesson I've learned is that you just have to keep trying - keep doing what works and when it gets hard, just keep going - even if it means not losing weight or gaining a bit before your head can be in the right place again. Because it really begins and ends with what is inside you - what you REALLY think of yourself and how you REALLY see yourself.

this is me now.

10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Emily! When I saw the two pictures I gasped!!! What a huge difference! I am so proud of you and your determination to keep going!!! I love you Em!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look awesome! I am so proud of you...great job!
    ~ash

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! You look amazing! Way to go, and way to stay focused and motivated on what is important, the way you see and feel about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was one of those people that gained all my weight back this past couple months! :( Oh well, tomorrow is another day and I started it off right today-with a run!

    You are amazing! Keep up the good work!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily you look so beautiful! That is awesome! I am so sick of all this holiday junk food I could scream and yet... I keep eating it! Seriously, great job at being so strong during the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, beautiful! Love it. You look great, and it sounds like you are just so happy. You have worked so hard, and have a lot to be proud of! What a great example you are to me! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOU LOOK AMAZING! You have worked hard, and its really paying off. Keep it up(:

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot express how proud I am and how HOT you look.REALLY, u look just stunning and best of all you feel amazing.
    I have started a blog for myself, I'm going another post today, I'd love you help: http://www.mylifetimejourney-to-a-new-me.blogspot.com/
    You have inspired me in so many ways, but I still need more motivation and inspiration! SO keep going and don't give up. This holiday season I thought about you a lot and what you said about never giving up, falling and getting up to fight again. I'm trying!!!!Thanks so much for everything!
    AGAIN, u look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful need I say more? I am so proud of you! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to you! You look fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete